Offered by Project Paradigm - A program of IFYS Ltd
This training enables professionals and agencies involved with children and young people to gain a greater understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
It explores the sophisticated models of recruitment (‘grooming’) used to sexually exploit young people as well as teaching skills in assessment and intervention with the aim of protecting young people and preventing CSE within communities.
Level 2 - Preventing Child Sexual Exploitation
This workshop looks at the current body of research in both an Australian and overseas context and covers the following key elements:
- Definitions and exploration of processes of control used in CSE.
- Common risk indicators found to be present in cases of CSE.
- Examining stereotypes and the use of language when responding to CSE.
- The impact of sexual exploitation and the needs of young people when considering intervention.
- How to risk assess specific cases to enable an informed approach to intervention.
Level 3 - Working with Practical Challenges of Child Sexual Exploitation**
This workshop aims to support professionals and agencies involved with children and young people to gain a greater depth in knowledge and understanding of CSE and will cover the following key elements:
- Discuss challenges and barriers to engaging with young people resistant to change.
- Understand how to better support young people with additional needs.
- Develop an understanding of the potential for victims to become perpetrators, and potential ways to work with them.
- Suggestions and tips for dealing with disclosures of CSE.
- Potential resources and techniques for problem solving.
**In order to undertake Level 3 Training, participants need to have completed the Level 2 training beforehand.
Where and when
Level 2 – 7.5 hours
16 March 2022, Ipswich Brisbane QLD
30 March 2022, Cairns QLD
26 April 2022, Toowoomba QLD
6 June 2022, Rockhampton QLD
7 July 2022, Gold Coast QLD
10 August 2022, Sunshine Coast QLD
7 September 2022, Magill SA
Level 3 – 7.5 hours
17 March 2022, Ipswich Brisbane QLD
31 March 2022, Cairns QLD
27 April 2022, Toowoomba QLD
7 June 2022, Rockhampton QLD
8 July 2022, Gold Coast QLD
11 August 2022, Sunshine Coast QLD
8 September 2022, Magill SA
Certificate of completion – For Australian teachers and educators this training aligns with the following standards:
APST – 4.4, 4.5, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4
NQS – 2.2.3
For further information and to submit an expression of interest please contact:
Email: email@example.com Phone: (07) 5438 3000