The checklist below includes supporting documents for all possible applications. It is unlikely that you will need to submit every document – it is your responsibility to read the assessment criteria before applying.
Preparing your documents
Documents should be PDF or Word files. You must provide 600dpi colour scans of certified copies. Photos and low quality scans are not accepted. If you have many files you can compress them in a zip folder.
A certified copy has been formally endorsed as a true copy of an original document by a person or agency recognised by the law of your country, (for example, a notary official or a Justice of the Peace) and recognised by the Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate for this purpose.
Each copy must be certified separately and clearly show:
- The words ‘certified true copy of the original’
- The signature of the certifying officer
- The name and address or registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature
It must be possible, from the details provided, for ACWA to contact the officer.
If an original document is not written in English, you must provide a translation of the documents into English along with certified copies of the originals.
ACWA reserves the right to request that translations are completed by a translator accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Level 3 accreditation is normally required
- Certified copy of biography page of passport
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Australian visa or ImmiCard (for applicants in Australia and overseas applicants who hold a valid visa to enter Australia)
- Certified copy of at least one other official photo bearing document – Driver license or ID card issued by applicant’s country of citizenship
- If applicable, certified copy of evidence of name change
2. English proficiency (one of the following):
- English language test results
- Certified copy of qualification (or letter of completion)
- Letter from employer stating English was the primary means of communication for the work performed and that the employer was satisfied with the applicant’s English language proficiency
- Certified copy of qualification (or letter of completion) showing the start date and end date the applicant was deemed to have completed the course
- Certified copy of transcript of results
- For graduates of ACWA accredited courses only, a certified copy of letter from your education provider showing details of field placements (evidence of total 400 hours in two different placements)
- For overseas applicants, is it recommended that you submit a detailed course outline/syllabus
4. Industry experience
- Resume including 2 referees with contact details, one of whom must have been your workplace supervisor
- Position descriptions for all relevant work experience
- Letter from employer showing details of the position including title, type, whether part-time or full time, and start and end dates. You must provide this evidence for all work experience claims made
- For applicants nominating Welfare Centre Manager, copy of organisational structure for all relevant management positions
5. Industry currency (one of the following)
- Evidence of qualification awarded within the last 4 years
- Position description for the industry experience
- Letter from current employer showing details of the position including title, type, whether part-time or full-time, and start and end dates
- If appointing an agent, a signed migration agent authorisation form
7. Other supporting documents
- If applicable, evidence of professional registration/membership in your country of training or a country you have worked in. Evidence can include a certified copy of registration certificate or an online registration verification number
PLEASE NOTE: ACWA reserves the right to seek additional evidence to support or supplement claims. This may include copies of salary pay slips, bank account statements or a third-party verification